Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Glimpse of Bliss

May 18 2007

I descended into oblivion. I felt the cold seeping through my skin. I was scared; frightened to my wits. My heart was beating so fast, I wanted to turn around and never come back. Yet, I continued to slowly sink, deeper and deeper. I looked up and saw the light; it seems to be so far away.

Then, I was there.

Moments later, I felt a calm soft lullaby around me. Surprisingly, I was at peace.

I felt the rush of excitement, pumping through my veins. My eyes absorbed everything in sight. I felt like a kid again, eager and keen. Everything seems to be familiar, yet so strange.

Silence surrounded me. All I heard was my own breathing. I was alone, but I sense their presence. They too are lost in their own thoughts.

I was swimming into a new territory; a world where the chaos of life is nonexistent, an entity unknown. All the problems that kept me awake at night became trivial; and by each second they vanished. Like a bubble, they burst into nothingness. At the moment, I felt … contented.

Each minute that passed by was bliss. I never wanted to leave. I wanted to stay there forever.

But reality crept back and took over. My time there came to an end. I needed to breathe the sea air again. Reluctantly, I followed the others as they ascended. I looked up and the light summoned.

That was my first time to scuba dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment